Article Entertainment News

[VIDEO] 11-Year-Old Boy Dies From Allergic Reaction After Smelling Fish Cooking

A Young Boy Has Passed Away After The Smell Of Fish Spread Across His Family Home

By: Eboni Walker

A young boy has died after having an allergic reaction in a very rare way.

Camron Jean-Pierre had traveled from New Jersey to New York with his father, Steven Jean-Pierre to celebrate the holidays with his grandmother.

While cooking on New Year’s Day, the fumes of fish spread across the house, and it became too much for little Camron to bare.

Photo: 123Rf

“It just so happens they was cooking it when we came in,” said Steven. “Usually he don’t get nothing that severe.”

But the boy’s allergies got the best of him because he immediately began to gasp for air as the fumes filled his nostrils. According to Steven, the boy faded in and out of consciousness as he struggled to breathe.

Aware of his condition, Camron began to tell his father that he loved him.

Watch the video of his father describing his last moments with his 11-year-old son.

You can see a picture of Camron Jean-Pierre here:

View this post on Instagram

Suspected Allergic Reaction to Fish Smell Leads to Young Boy's Death – Blogged By: @iamb_chianne ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ An 11-year-old boy may have died during a New Year's party due to the smell of fish. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ Camron Jean-Pierre's father, Steven, explained to New York police that they arrived at his family's house to celebrate the new year. One dish being prepared for the gathering was fish, which Camron was allergic to. Not thinking simply smelling the dish would affect his son, the possibility of a severe reaction went overlooked. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ Once the family realized the young boy's odd symptoms, they told WCBS they immediately hooked him up to a breathing machine. Unfortunately, things still went awry. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ Jean-Pierre said, “I don’t know. For some reason, he was saying it wasn’t working. He kept telling me, ‘I’m not able to breathe.’” ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ An ambulance was called when Camron lost consciousness after 15 minutes. His father went further on to explain that he tried to give him CPR. The breathing technique briefly revived his son, restarting his heart. However, he admitted he "didn't know how to keep pumping him" when he woke up. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ Camron sadly passed in the ambulance on his way to the hospital, but not before giving his father two kisses and saying his last words, "Daddy, I love you. I love you."

A post shared by Baller Alert (@balleralert) on

“Daddy, I love you,” Steven recalled Camron telling him. He even managed to give his father a kiss.

“He gave me two kisses,” Steven said in tears.

The family was aware of Camron’s allergy to fish. But it had never been something his portable nebulizer couldn’t fix.

“I [tried] to give him the machine — that usually works — but it didn’t take, and then I just called the ambulance,” Steven said.

While the family waited for first responders to arrive at the apartment, Steven tried to revive his son.

“It felt like he had no pulse. I [tried] to give him CPR and he came back” for a short time but eventually slipped into unconsciousness again.

Camron was rushed to Brookdale Hospital by ambulance. But he did not survive.

Steven remembered his 11-year-old son as being a good kid.

“My son was the best,” Steven said. “He made everyone around him happy. He made his dad happy.”

“That was my prince, man,” he said. “He was my everything.”

The American College of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology urges people with fish allergies to “stay out of areas where fish is being cooked, as proteins may be released into the air during cooking.”

By: Eboni Walker | Instagram: EboniMWA | Twitter: EboniMWalker

Source: New York Post, YouTube, The American College of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology