Kim Jong-un’s foreign minister Ri Yong-ho, seemingly angry at Trump’s comments at the United Nations summit last month, warned the US it would ‘settle the final score’.
Ri said: ‘With his bellicose and insane statement at the United Nations, Trump, you can say, has lit the wick of a war against us,’ according to Russian state website TASS.
‘We need to settle the final score, only with a hail of fire, not words.’
See Video Below.
North Korea has test-fired several missiles and conducted what it said was a test explosion of a hydrogen bomb as it advances toward its goal of developing a nuclear-tipped missile capable of hitting the US mainland.
Ri has previously called Trump ‘President Evil’ and his comments are likely to fuel an escalating war of words between the U.S President and North Korean leader Kim Jong-un.
‘We have almost reached the last point on the journey towards our final goal – to achieve a real balance of power with the United States,” he said.
‘Our principal position is that we will never agree to any talks in which our nuclear weapons will be the subject of negotiations.’
The foreign minister insisted all options were on the table for Pyongyang and that his nation reserved the right to shoot down US planes even if they are not in Korea’s air space.
The official, talking to reporters in New York on September 25, said: ‘The whole world should clearly remember it was the US who first declared war on our country.
‘Since the United States declared war on our country, we will have every right to make countermeasures, including the right to shoot down United States strategic bombers even when they are not inside the airspace border of our country.’
The remarks from the rogue state’s Foreign Minister was in reaction to comments made by the President of the US in which he questioned how long the North Korean leadership would be in power.