Satellite images taken on Monday shows activity at a test site which mirrors preparations ahead of the country’s last test of their Pukguksong-1 submarine-launched ballistic missile in August last year.
The images were released after President Trump said American weapons are ‘locked and loaded’ in case Kim Jong-un makes any more ‘overt threats’ toward the US.
Scroll down for video
‘Recent commercial satellite imagery reveals several developments suggesting that North Korea may be accelerating the development of the sea-based leg of its nuclear forces,’ he said.
Activity on a SINPO-class experimental ballistic missile submarine at the Mayang-do navy shipyard and submarine base, he said, suggests ‘that the North may be preparing for a new series of ‘at sea’ test launches, has undertaken modifications or upgrades to the submarine’s launch systems, or is developing a more advanced version of the Pukguksong-1.’