News

3-Year-Old With Severe Allergy To Dairy Dies After School Served Him A Grilled Cheese

Toddler with severe allergy to dairy dies after his pre-school serves him a grilled cheese sandwich

A three-year-old boy with a severe allergy to dairy has died after he was fed a grilled cheese sandwich at his preschool.

Elijah Silvera went into anaphylactic shock at Seventh Avenue Center for Family Services in Harlem on November 3, and later died at a nearby hospital.

 

Elijah Silvera went into anaphylactic shock at Seventh Avenue Center for Family Services in the Harlem neighborhood of New York on November 3, and later died at a nearby hospital

The pre-school, which hosts about 40 children, was shut down on Wednesday as the Department of Health investigates the incident.

Elijah Silvera went into anaphylactic shock at Seventh Avenue Center for Family Services in the Harlem neighborhood of New York on November 3, and later died at a nearby hospital

Elijah had just become a student at the school, and his family members had told staff that the boy had a severe allergy to dairy, family members said on a GoFundMe page.

‘He was given a grilled cheese sandwich by an adult at the pre-k, despite them knowing and having documented that he has a severe allergy to dairy,’ the GoFundMe page said.

(Visited 2,523 times, 5 visits today)

Leave a Comment